Senior Account Executive Job Description
At GovPilot, we know that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for overseeing the success plan in a specific sales geo-territory. This will include managing a territory's deal cycles from generation through to close, and it will include strategizing with the Sales Development Representatives assigned to that territory. You will be the primary contact and have the responsibilities of demonstrating GovPilot's platform, providing technical assistance, successfully navigating a consulting call, and negotiating contracts. As an Account Executive, you will be accountable for developing a plan that will lead to hitting your territory goal, with the full assistance of the company to make you successful.
You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills, and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for you to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
This is an individual contributor role that reports to a sales manager who values active coaching.
Objectives of this Role
- Represent our company’s software and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding of the challenges for municipal governments we serve leading to identify how our solutions meet those needs
- Build and manage a territory plan by collaborating with an assigned SDR
- Research and target relevant municipalities using the latest prospecting tools
- Create annual recurring revenue through the sale of the GovPilot platform to city and county governments
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Utilize SalesForce, SalesLoft, cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities and manage existing opportunities
- Update CRM and other sales tools daily
- Leverage sales tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator to network with potential customers
- Identify prospect's needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Learn and demonstrate the GovPilot Platform to new prospective customers
- Work full-cycle deals from demonstration to complete to close
- Keep prospects excited about the potential to work with GovPilot to solve their challenges
- Engage all possible stakeholders during the sales cycle from the City Manager to Department Heads and IT
- Expand the sale to additional departments, once landed successfully
- Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
- Achieve and exceed weekly/monthly metrics (number of consulting calls, demos, closed annual contract value, etc.)
- Participate in daily training/sales meetings
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years or more of sales experience
- Proven success closing software deals
- Consistent record of hitting sales goals and numbers
- Demonstrated experience in managing a sales pipeline
- Experience using Salesforce
- Demonstrated success in lead generation, prospecting, contract negotiation and closing sales
- Ability to think on your feet in a conversation and answer unexpected questions
- Resilient in the face of objection
- Willingness and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good at finding a way to motivate yourself
- Highly organized and able to adapt to change
- Impeccable phone/public speaking skills
- Ability to quickly learn and fully understand product possibilities and relay them in a way that contributes to appropriate customer expectations
- Looking for AEs in our Manasquan, NJ office
Why You’ll Love It at GovPilot:
- Join a fast-growing tech startup recognized by GovTech Magazine as a top 100 company in the industry, three years in a row.
- The opportunity to hone your skills, learn new ones, and make a direct impact on the company's growth.
- Work and interact with local government officials from across the country to support digitization efforts.
- Dedicated colleagues and in-person team building trips and activities (pre Covid).
- Competitive salary
- Medical and Dental coverage for full-time employees
- 401k with employer matching contribution to help you save for the future
- 17 days PTO annually
- Opportunities to earn employee recognition points redeemable for prizes and gift cards
- Fun company events and team outings
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.